On the previous version of the transparency platform, data was published on a country basis. In line with EU Regulation No 543/2013, data must now be published by country, and also either under a control area or a bidding zone.
- Control area: a coherent part of the interconnected system, operated by a single system operator.
- Bidding zone: the largest geographical area within which market participants are able to exchange energy without capacity allocation
- Country: respecting internationally recognized geo-political borders
- Control area: Germany (DE) has four control areas under the jurisdiction of four TSOs (50Hertz, Amprion, TenneT Germany, TransnetBW.
- Bidding zone: Ireland (IE - SEM), which includes both Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland
- Country: United Kingdom, including Northern Ireland (UK)