Following the Regulation (EU) No 543/2013 on the submission and publication of data in electricity markets, article 2:
- Generation unit is defined as a single electricity generator belonging to a production unit
- Production unit is defined as a facility for generation of electricity made up of a single generation unit or of an aggregation of generation units
- Consumption unit is defined as a resource which receives electrical energy for its own use, excluding TSOs and Distribution Systems Operators (DSOs)
For more information, please refer to:
- Detailed Data Descriptions document: https://www.entsoe.eu/fileadmin/user_upload/_library/resources/Transparency/MoP%20Ref02%20-%20EMFIP-Detailed%20Data%20Descriptions%20V1R4-2014-02-24.pdf.
- Manual of Procedures: https://www.entsoe.eu/data/entso-e-transparency-platform/Manual-of-Procedures/Pages/default.aspx.